15 Reasons Why Nurses are the Best Relationship Partners
If you are currently dating or seeking a nursing relationship, you are at an advantage. After all, you’re a nurse! There are many positives other than your good looks, nice wardrobe and great personality that your potential significant other gains by dating you. Go ahead and remind him/her how lucky they are to have you. (Okay, maybe not on the first date.)
Some of the positives are obvious, while others—which I call the "hidden" perks—are not so evident.
On the serious side:
- Nurses make a comfortable living, are goal-oriented, and future-focused. These are very positive qualities to potential mates seeking a serious and/or long-term relationship. Potential mates look at someone with these qualities as a person who knows what he/she wants and has a plan for getting there. This equals stability!
- Nurses are hardworking. We worked hard to get our degrees and licensure, and now toil at work every day. After all, relationships need a serious dose of elbow grease to be successful and long-lasting. They do not simply exist, but, like your flower garden, require constant work and routine maintenance to grow. So when you’re with a nurse, expect him/her to put in that extra effort to make it work.
- Nurses are good listeners, complete with understanding and patience. Our work life has taught us to be patient listeners! We are experts at putting ourselves in other people's shoes in understanding his/her position. Dating and building a nursing relationship requires patience, understanding, and good listening skills.
- Nurses are compassionate. Not only are we great listeners, but we are well equipped to help handle difficult situations. We will always "be there"!
- We tend not to sweat the small stuff. When you take care of sick patients all day long, having dirty dishes in the sink or having the toilet seat up are not really big issues to us.
- Nurses deal with life and death situations on a daily basis. We tend to handle everyday stressors, which may "freak" some people out, with a quick-witted remark and a smile.
Now for the "hidden" perks of dating a nurse:
- We have seen the good, the bad, and the ugly involving the human body. Nothing surprises, shocks, or disgusts us! More importantly, we tend not to laugh anymore about anomalies with any human body.
- We don't mind the dirtier cleaning jobs around the house. When you empty bedpans for years on end, no cleaning task bothers you.
- We have cool work tools your potential mate can play with.
- Free medical advice and care, even for his/her family and friends!
- We are really good at bed baths—and making beds for that matter. What other professional has been trained to give baths and make beds? Add to that a one-of-a-kind bedside manner and you've got a combo that's hard to beat.
- We are great at medicating minor headaches and flu symptoms.
- We can multi-task like nobody else.
- We look good in our nursing scrubs.
And most importantly:
- Your potential mate in that nursing relationship will be proud to say he/she is dating a nurse!
YOU MAY LIKE...