Data Privacy Legislation. It is NurseTogether’s policy to comply with data protection legislation. This regulates the processing of information relating to you and grants you various rights in respect of your personal data.
Third Party Websites. The NurseTogether website contains links to other web sites over which we have no control. NurseTogether is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other web sites to which you choose to link from this site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other web sites so you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
We also do not control the data use practices of either (a) employers or others who may access your information on this site, or (b) third parties with whom you may share your information via the Services. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and opt-out choices of those third parties so you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
Children and Minors. Children under the age of 18 are not eligible to use our Services.
Please read this policy and send us questions, concerns and suggestions at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are the main types of information collected on NurseTogether:
Personal information is information that can be used to identify you, or any other individual to whom the information may relate, personally. We do not collect personal information unless you choose to provide it to us. Some examples of personal information that we collect, depending on the services you use and local law, are:
- Your name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Contact information
- Information about third parties, such as references or contacts, that you provide to us if you have their express written consent to do so
Demographic information is information that is not unique to you in the sense that it refers to selected population characteristics, such as your ZIP code or postal code, age, preferences, gender, race or ethnicity, occupation, specialties, career history, interests and favorites.
We also collect behavioral information regarding how you use our services and mobile applications, the areas of our website that you visit, what services you access, and information about your computer hardware and software including your IP address, geolocation, browser and operating system type, domain names, access times and referring web site addresses. This information is necessary for analyzing the use of resources, troubleshooting problems, preventing fraud, and improving our services.
We may also collect indirect information about you. For example if you provide a title of ‘Mrs.’ we will assume you are female.
Information about yourself that you share. This is the information that other users see about you. This includes your profile and your contributions to discussions on NurseTogether forums and other community features NurseTogether may offer. You have control over what you share, and you can update information at any time.
Communication. We help you communicate with other users. Some of this is one-to-one, some of it is in groups, and some of it is public discussion. You decide how much or how little you wish to communicate to individuals or groups.
Of course, maintaining your trust is our top concern, so we adhere to the following principles to protect your privacy:
- We do not rent, sell, or otherwise provide your personally identifiable information to third parties without your consent, except as described in this policy or as required by law.
- We do not share any information you have not chosen to display on your NurseTogether profile to other parties, unless compelled by law, or as necessary to enforce our User Agreement or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of NurseTogether, its users, and the public.
- All information that you provide will be protected with industry standard protocols and technology in accordance with our Security Policy.
- Customer Service We collect information when you interact with NurseTogether’s customer service personnel in order to accurately categorize and respond to customer inquiries and investigate breaches of our terms.
- Using the NurseTogether Site and Applications We receive information when you interact with and use the NurseTogether website, NurseTogether Applications (e.g. NurseTogether for iPhone, Android, etc.), and NurseTogether platform technology (such as “NurseLocker”).
- Using Third Party Services and Visiting Third Party Sites We receive information when you use your NurseTogether account to log in or authenticate to a third-party website or application. Also, if you are logged into NurseTogether and visit a third party site that embeds NurseTogether professional plugins, like “Share on NurseTogether” for web publishers, NurseTogether will receive information that those pages have loaded in your web browser. NurseTogether will use this information to personalize the NurseTogether-provided functionality, including providing you insights from your NurseTogether network, allowing you to share information with your network, enabling you to use NurseTogether functionality off the NurseTogether site and serving you more relevant advertising.
- Advertising and Web Beacons To support the Services we provide at no cost to our users, as well as provide a more relevant and useful experience for our Users, we may target and serve our own ads and third-party ads both on and off the site using ad networks. Ad networks include third party ad servers, ad agencies, ad exchanges, ad technology vendors and research firms. We target ads to Users based on general profile categories or on non-personally identifiable information inferred from a user’s profile in addition to a user’s use of NurseTogether or their clicking on NurseTogether ad inventory. NurseTogether does not provide personally identifiable information to any third party ad network. We use ad technology such as web beacons, pixels, anonymous ad network tags, and cookies to more effectively serve ads to our Users on and off NurseTogether through ad networks, as well as to collect anonymized, aggregated auditing, research and reporting for advertisers. Because your web browser requests advertisements and web beacons directly from ad network servers, these networks can view, edit or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site.
- Log files, IP Addresses and information about your computer and mobile device Due to the communications standards on the internet, when you visit the NurseTogether website we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave NurseTogether. Additionally, advertisers receive the URL of the page you were on when you click on an ad on NurseTogether. NurseTogether also receives the internet protocol (“IP”) address of your computer (or the proxy server you use to access the World Wide Web), your computer operating system and type of web browser you are using, email patterns, your mobile device (including your UDID) and mobile operating system (if you are accessing NurseTogether using a mobile device), as well as the name of your ISP or your mobile carrier. NurseTogether may also receive location data passed to it from third-party services or GPS-enabled devices that you have enabled.
- Rights to Access, Correct and Eliminate Information About You You have a right to access, modify, correct and eliminate the data you supplied to NurseTogether. If you update any of your information, we may keep a copy of the information that you originally provided to us in our archives for uses documented in this policy. You may request deletion of your information at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within 30 days. Please note, however that information you have shared with others, or that other users have copied, may also remain visible even if you request its deletion.
- Data Retention NurseTogether will retain your information for so long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce this Agreement.
Uses of Information Collected.
- Generally NurseTogether collects and uses your personal information to operate the NurseTogether website and deliver the services you have requested. NurseTogether also uses your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from NurseTogether and its affiliates. NurseTogether may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered. Periodically, we may make our member information available to carefully screened companies we believe offer products or services, which may be of interest to our members. If you would prefer not to have your name shared with such companies, you may instruct us not to make it available by emailing your request to info@NurseTogether.com. If you ask us to not share your information, we will flag your member record indicating you do not wish to have your name provided to other companies and we will implement your request without hesitation. However, please note that it may take a number of weeks before any mailings initiated prior to your request are processed and delivered. As a matter of policy, NurseTogether will not disclose the names of companies to which we have provided member information. NurseTogether will also not disclose the names of organizations from which we may have acquired member information for our own marketing purposes. NurseTogether does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent. NurseTogether keeps track of the websites and pages our customers visit within NurseTogether, in order to determine what NurseTogether services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within NurseTogether to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
- NurseTogether Communications We will communicate with you through email, notices posted on the NurseTogether website, or through other means available through the service, including mobile text messages. We send all new members a welcoming email to verify password and username. Established members will occasionally receive newsletters, information on products and services. We may send you a series of emails that help inform new users about the features of the Services, and we will also send you service messages relating to the functioning of the Services. We may also send you messages with promotional information directly or on behalf of our partners, unless you have opted out of receiving promotional information. Out of respect for the privacy of our members we offer the option to not receive these types of communications. You can change your e-mail and contact preferences at any time by logging into your account and changing our settings related to your email notification choices. Please be aware that you cannot opt-out of receiving service messages from NurseTogether. Also, if we send communications to you via the carrier service with which you have a mobile communications subscription or otherwise have access, you understand you will pay any service fees associated with your receipt of messages on your mobile device (including text messaging charges).
- User Communications If a member elects to use our “Invite Your Friend” service for informing a friend about our site, we will ask for the friend’s name and email address. The friend may opt-out of these communications and request the removal of this information from our database. Many communications you initiate through NurseTogether (e.g., an invitation sent to a non-user) will list your primary email address and name in the header of the message. Messages you initiate may also provide aggregate information about your network (for instance how many people are in your network), but will not list the people to whom you’re directly connected. Other communications that you initiate through the NurseTogether website, like a request for an introduction, will list your name as the initiator but will not include your personal email address contact information. Your contact information will only be shared with another user if both of you have indicated that you would like to establish contact with each other.
- Customized Content We use information you provide to us (or to third parties with whom NurseTogether offers combined services) to customize your experience on our website.
- Sharing Information with Third Parties NurseTogether takes the privacy of our users very seriously, and we do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide your personally identifiable information to third parties, except as described in this policy. We will also not share other personal information not published to your profile or generated through engagement with other NurseTogether services without your explicit consent or to carry out your instructions unless, disclosure is reasonably necessary in our opinion to: (1) comply with legal process, including, but not limited to, civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders or other compulsory disclosures; (2) enforce this Agreement; (3) respond to claims of a violation of the rights of third parties, whether or not the third party is a user, individual, or government agency; (4) respond to customer service inquiries; or (5) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of NurseTogether, our Users or the public. Content distributed through NurseTogether’s sharing features and third party integrations may result in displaying some of your information outside of NurseTogether. For example, when you post content to a NurseTogether forum that is open for public discussion, your content, including your name as the contributor, may be displayed in search engine results. Or, if you have bound your NurseTogether account to your Twitter account, you can easily share content into both NurseTogether as well as to Twitter. We may provide aggregated anonymous data about the usage of the Services to third parties for purposes that we deem, in our sole discretion, to be appropriate, including to prospective advertisers on NurseTogether.
- Answers, Groups, and other Services If you post in NurseTogether forums, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you choose to provide there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, as well as other third parties, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. NurseTogether is not responsible for the information you choose to submit in these forums. Also, some content in NurseTogether forums may be public and searchable on the internet. You can delete your posts at any time. However, please note that ideas you post and information you share may be seen and used by others, and NurseTogether cannot guarantee that others have not made copies of or use the ideas and information that you share with others on NurseTogether.
- Testimonials and Advertisements Placed through NurseTogether Ads Service If you provide any testimonials about the NurseTogether Services or place advertisements via NurseTogether, we may post those testimonials and examples of advertisements you place in connection with our promotion of these services to third parties. Testimonials and advertisements may include your name and other personal information that you have provided.
- Compliance with Legal Process It is possible that we may need to disclose personal information, profile information and/or information about your activities as a NurseTogether user when required by subpoena or other legal process, or if NurseTogether has a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to (a) investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies; (b) to enforce the User Agreement, to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, or to protect the security or integrity of our site; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property or personal safety of NurseTogether, our users, employees, or others.
- Ownership; Disclosures to Others as the Result of a Change in Control or Sale of NurseTogether NurseTogether is the sole owner of the information collected via the Services. As a direct marketing company, NurseTogether places a significant value on the information compiled about our registered visitors and members. This information is essential to the operation of our company and constitutes a corporate asset of substantial value. We may also disclose your personal information and other information you provide to another third party as part of a sale of the assets of NurseTogether or its affilates, or as the result of a change in control of NurseTogether or its affilates. Any third party to which NurseTogether transfers or sells NurseTogether’s assets, business or equity securiteis will have the right to continue to use the personal and other information that you provide to us.
Your Information Choices.
- Accessing and Changing Your Account Information You can review the personal information you provided to us and make any desired changes to the information you publish, or to the settings for your NurseTogether account including your email and contact preferences, at any time by logging into your account on the NurseTogether website. Please be aware that even after your request for a change is processed, NurseTogether may, for a time, retain residual information about you in its backup and/or archival copies of its database.
- Default Settings We have established what we believe to be reasonable default settings that we have found most of our members desire. Because users may use and interact with NurseTogether in a variety of ways, and because those uses may change over time, we designed our settings to provide our users granular control over the information they share. We encourage our users to review their account settings and adjust them in accordance with their preferences. NurseTogether accounts are also defaulted to allow users to be contacted to participate in polls, surveys and partner advertising.
- Closing Your Account You can close your account through your account settings at NurseTogether. If you close your NurseTogether account, we will remove your name and other personally identifiable information from our publicly viewable database. If you close your account, we have no obligation to retain your information, and may delete any or all of your account information without liability. However, we may retain certain data contributed by you if NurseTogether believes it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, or for legitimate business purposes, such as analysis of aggregated, non-personally identifiable data, account recovery, or if required by law. NurseTogether may also retain and use your information if necessary to provide the Services to other users. For example other information you have shared with others, or that other users have copied, may also remain visible. NurseTogether disclaims any liability in relation to the deletion or retention (subject to the terms herein) of information or any obligation not to delete the information. NurseTogether does not control when search engines update their cache, which may contain certain public profile information that has since been removed from NurseTogether’s publicly viewable database.
NurseTogether secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. NurseTogether’s security practices are as described in the NurseTogether Security Policy which is hereby incorporated by reference. However, since the internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to NurseTogether. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Please note that emails, instant messaging, and similar means of communication with other users of NurseTogether are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
How to contact us.
Safe Harbor and International Transfers.
NurseTogether complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. NurseTogether has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/. If you would like to contact us directly about the Safe Harbor program, please contact us.
Your California Rights.