Are you torn between wanting to work days or nights? Every personality has their own preference but this list of why you may be better off as a night shift nurse may help sway your decison in one direction or the other.
- You don't like to see your boss or anyone in authority for that matter.
- You don't like people, especially those pesky family members.
- You hate feeding patients their meals.
- You prefer not to speak to doctors in person.
- You are nocturnal and sleep better during the day, amongst the living.
- You just graduated and need a slower pace.
- You just graduated and need the shift differential to pay off your school loans.
- You have no desire to see the sun, it's over rated.
- You live off of coffee, it is your juice of life.
- You prefer shopping at WalMart at 2am on your days off.
- You are NOT a morning person; never have been and never plan to be.
- You have an exceptional command of all the sleep aids; including time of onset and half-life to insure they are awake by morning.
- You enjoy waking people in the middle of the night to make sure they are ok.
- You believe that anybody that goes to bed the same day they got up is a quitter!
How did you know you wanted to work nights? Tell us if that is what you prefer in the comments below.