Not everyone is cut out for night shift.
- Two words: no nurse managers.
- It’s either feast or famine. There’s either a lot of (crappy) things going on at 3 o’clock in the morning, or you can go hide in a corner and chart all your stuff.
- You are asleep when everyone else is awake.
- You can do all your shopping in the middle of the night, when everyone else is asleep. You won’t have to worry about standing in lines or stores being crowded.
- Talking to your night shift coworkers is different than talking to anyone else. Because they get it.
- Patients are asleep, trying to get to sleep, going back to sleep, or need to sleep.
ARE YOU AN INTROVERT NURSE?
Participate in the Forum discussion.